I stopped using my Macbook Pro about 1,5 years ago, since I wanted to run a “real” PC for my .NET developing.
My MacBook Pro have been in a box since then, and last night I decided to install Windows 8.1 RT on it and use it as a second PC since my main machine is quite large and heavy to bring around. Also, the keyboard on this macbook is way better than on my main laptop.
After a couple of hours installing Windows 8.1 yesterday, everything spun up, but i was in for a suprise:
Touchpad not working
So, for a laptop this is a big deal. I googled alot and I finally found a way to repair this:
- Open the Device Mangaer (Cmd + X, M)
- Tab once, then go down with the arrow keys to the list of unknown devices. It should say Touchpad on atleast one item.
- Open up the properties for the Touchpad device, and try to install a driver from local disk (do not search online, that won’t help).
- Choose USB input device as the driver, do not use the apple driver just yet. After the installation is finished, your touchpad will work.
- After installing the USB driver you can perform the same steps, but pick the Apple driver. After the installation is complete, your touchpad will work as expected.
I haven’t got the scrolling to work perfectly just yet, but atleast the computer is usuable.